11 Jan Giant 3D Cardboard Words and Letters for Weddings, Conventions, and Festivals
Giant words and letters have always appealed to us at OPL. The large size, font, and colour can immediately grab our attention because of the contrast: we are used to seeing small letters, on screens, billboards. When the letters are giant and 3D, and we can walk around and through them they become alive: their message can have a big impact. A good example of this is the City of Toronto, who for the 2015 Pan-am Games (check out the recycling bins we made with TO2015) commissioned huge 3D letters spelling “Toronto”. While we weren’t involved in making these letters, when the Our Paper Life team first experiences these letters in person, we were all hugely impressed.
At Our Paper Life we use cardboard to create giant pre-assembled letters that are more cost-effective, lighter, can be easily shipped to the United States, Canada or the world. Recently we completed a 8ft tall by 8ft long by 2ft deep set of letters for a client. See above, and below for photos (thank you to MemberClicks for the photographs!)
Cardboard can be used to make giant 3D letters for weddings, conventions, festivals, pop-up, and temporary events. Below is the design we made this Christmas for over-sized letters for a storefront display in downtown Toronto.
A few other benefits of using cardboard to create 3D giant letters include:
– Cardboard can be assembled on site, and disassembled for later re-use.
– Logistics: can be designed to be shipped around the world flat packed, or assembled into individual letters, which are yet lightweight (50lbs per letter for above words).
– Surface can be printed with custom designed patterns or pictures to match theme or convey a message
– Letters be mounted on stands, sit on the ground, or be suspended from above, because they are light
– Can be included with other 3D elements to create large scene or engaging environment of shapes and forms